Primont Homes has filed a plan amendment with the City of Vaughan to build a residential development on Islington Avenue north of Steeles. The project, called SXSW Condos, will be located in Woodbridge. The developer is looking for re-zoning to build four residential towers and 11 townhome blocks on a 31.5 acre site per GTA Construction Report.
The first phase includes towers that will rise 19 and 22 storeys from a shared three-story podium with 379 units. At the same time, 135 three storey townhome units will be built toward the west side of the community, while two towers with 384 units are proposed in Phase 2 on Islington Avenue.
According to Urban Toronto, no retail or office spaces are included within the current development plans. The townhome units will be designed by Vaughan-based RN Design. A three-level underground garage is planned to house 1,090 parking spaces. By putting the parking underground, it allows for approximately 2,000 square metre community space to be positioned in the centre of the site. The community space will be landscaped using native trees, shrubs and vegetation and is meant to complement the Humber River valley lands to the west of the development.
Per Primont Homes, the following features will be included:
- State-of-the-art fitness facility
- Lavishly appointed lounge overlooking the leafy ravine
- Easy connections to commute to downtown Toronto from the new subway Line 1 extension or the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station
- Free shuttle service that takes you directly to the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre and York University
- Many green parks and natural forests are all at close proximity and perfect for walks
- A number of artfully designed golf courses in Woodbridge
- Close to the finest restaurants and shopping
The western facade of the towers will be designed by Quadrangle and will have wavy, continuous rows of balconies while the eastern side will feature a flat facade with a series of inset balconies. The first 6 levels will be clad using masonry and precast materials but this choice and other material selections have not been finalized yet.
DataBid is currently reporting on this project - SXSW Condos Woodbridge Neighborhood - Vaughan (0019040319)
Posted by Judy Lamelza