Developer City Club Apartments plans to begin construction on two structures at 3636 N. Lake Shore Drive later this year during the fourth quarter. The parcel is located at the intersection of N. Lake Shore Drive and W. Waveland Avenue.
The project designed by BKV Group will include:
- 19 story tower that will rise 228 feet
- Encased in glass and metal paneling
- Curtain wall lined with residential balconies
- Also a shorter six-story residential building rising 75 feet
- Buildings will have a shared lobby
- 333 rental units broken down into studios, one-beds, two-beds, and three beds
- Shared underground parking floor holding 145 car parking spaces
- 50 bike parking spaces
- Shared courtyard space
Urbanize Chicago states that residents from both buildings will have access to the same amenity spaces on the ground floor surrounding the green space.
Amenities for the project will include the following:
- Outdoor dog run
- Indoor pool
- Fitness center
- Yoga studio
- Exterior courtyard with outdoor lounge areas
- Sky club on 15th floor of the tower
- Restaurant space (5,000 square feet) included on ground floor at corner of site
Chicago Yimby reports that the CTA provides multiple bus and train routes near the site. The Addison CTA L station, serviced by the Red Line, is a 13 minute walk away. This station provides access to multiple other CTA bus routes as well.
LOOKING FOR MORE MIXED-USE PROJECTS IN THE CHICAGO AREA?
The $100 million development will meet affordability requirements with 11 affordable units on-site at 60% AMI. With word from Alderman Cappleman, construction will begin later this year and is expected to last for 21 months with a late summer 2024 opening.
DataBid is currently reporting on this project - Lake Shore & Waveland Apartment Tower Lake View - Chicago (0096082919)
Posted by Judy Lamelza