Windsor Mayor Drew Dilkens and Windsor-Tecumseh MPP Andrew Dowie have announced plans for Huron Church Road in Windsor and the ongoing construction projects on the E.C. Row Expressway.
The next phase of Huron Church Road will include rehabilitation work from Tecumseh Road to Dorchester Road and will consist of:
- Repairs to concrete panels
- Full lane repairs southbound from Dorchester Road to Tecumseh Road West.
- Centre median between Dorchester Road and Tecumseh Road
- Island in the Industrial Drive intersection to be removed and replaced
- Catch basins to be retrofitted to curb inlet catch basins
- Street lighting
- Traffic infrastructure work done at the Industrial Drive and Tecumseh Road West intersections
- Sidewalks to be widened at Industrial Drive
The City of Windsor reports that the City is also in the process of construction work on the E.C. Row Expressway. Work on repaving the road from Dominion Boulevard to Dougall Avenue has just been completed, and work on repaving the road from Huron Church Road to Dominion Boulevard has now begun. This represents an additional investment of about $1 million above and beyond the $15.3 million invested to upgrade E.C. Row Expressway over the past two years.
"Huron Church is a vital link that not only connects two roads, it connects residents to the United States, our post-secondary schools and hundreds of businesses in the area. Given high traffic volumes on the road and because it connects to Canada's busiest trade route, it is imperative that we keep travel along this road safe and efficient. I'm excited to see continued infrastructure improvements on Huron Church Road and the E.C. Row Expressway with generous support from the Province of Ontario."
Mayor of Windsor | Drew Dilkens
The Windsor Star stated that since 2020, the city and province have partnered in spending more than $12 million to improve Huron Church Road. Refurbishing from Malden Road to Pool Avenue was completed in 2020, and work from College Avenue to Tecumseh Road was completed in 2021.
Posted by Judy Lamelza