Construction has just started on a 12 story, 90,000 square foot office and retail building at 215 N. Peoria Street called Fulton East. It is located in Chicago's Fulton Market District and developed by Peoria Green Owner LLC, a venture of real estate developers Bob Wislow and Camille Julmy. The project is expected to be completed by the spring of 2020 according to RE Journals.
Clayco is in charge of the design-build effort with its in-house architecture firm, Lamar Johnson Collaborative. The office building will include the following features:
- Eight floors of office space
- Each office will have 10,600 square feet of space
- Virtually column-free floor plate that can be used to its entirety along with other floors if needed for a multi-floor headquarters or subdivided for smaller firms
- 11 foot, 4 inch ceilings
- Floor to ceiling windows with unobstructed views of the Chicago skyline
- 9 x 27 foot balconies on each floor for meetings or lounging
- 8,000 square foot landscaped rooftop park for tenant use with comfortable seating and state-of-the- art connectivity for product demonstrations, team meetings, sports viewing or movie nights
- Reserved indoor parking for 54 cars
- enclosed bicycle storage room
- A 5,000 square foot retail space at street level is also available
"We are proud to bring a game-changer to Fulton Market by developing the first Class A boutique office building to fill the need for truly high-quality, small-floor-plate office space in Chicago's hottest office market. At Fulton East, design firms, growing startups, family offices, venture capital and private equity firms, or law, accounting and consulting firms serving companies in the Fulton Market and West Loop neighborhoods can locate in a building sized for their business in the middle of what has become Chicago's newest corporate epicenter."
Real Estate Developer | Bob Wislow
Per Chicago Curbed, developer Shapack Partners originally planned to build an 11 story office building designed by Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture at the vacant lot at 215 N. Peoria Street. Shapack sold the site along with the adjacent WeWork building at 220 N. Green Street for $43 million.
This project joins a number of other impressive Fulton Market office developments that are currently under construction such as Gr333n, 167 N. Green Street and the West end on Fulton.
DataBid is currently reporting on this project - 215 N. Peoria Office & Retail Building - Fulton Market (0034052016)
Posted by Judy Lamelza